Friday, November 5, 2010

Polly's health issues & school

My dog, Polly, has autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA). She needs a miracle to survive longer than a week. Miracles do happen. If you want details from the PCV & CBC or what the disease is, just ask.


This quarter has been really hard. I went from aiming to get at least a 3. GPA this quarter to aiming to at least pass my classes. I've had to study less for urinalysis so that I can study more for Clinical Applications 2. In class, we do different procedures in a rotation format. I was really concerned a few weeks ago because I had the dental rotation practical approaching. Dr. Olive, the hardest, but best professor, teaches it. I wasn't ready for it. I can't miss more than 5 points on the practicals. So far, I'm doing better than I expected, but I still have to study a ton to keep it up. I know what I have to do in order to do that. 


Dad still needs a better job & I still need a working car. 


Here's a link to an album on facebook of some of the procedures that I've done in school. In it are the pictures that I promised of the x-rays. As you look for them, you may not want to see some of the other pictures. They're not horrible, but some people may not want to see them. I'm not sure if this link will work. 


http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=495285&id=506470458&l=c1aecbb4d0

No comments:

Post a Comment